Networker

Re: [Networker] VMWARE with Exchange 5.5

2005-09-29 12:25:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] VMWARE with Exchange 5.5
From: Terry Lemons <lemons_terry AT EMC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 12:20:54 -0400
Gotcha.  You'll find that VMware has done lots of thinking, and testing,
regarding backups.

A good summary of what is supported is
http://www.vmware.com/pdf/esx_backup_guide.pdf.  In addition,
http://www.vmware.com/pdf/ESXBackup.pdf is a 12-page document that describes
a number of the considerations and topologies for backups in a VMware
environment.

As you think about how you'd like to do your backups, please put your
thoughts here.  There are several people on this mailing list who have
created backup solutions for VMware environments, and they can suggest and
advise.  It's an area where there is not yet a lot of experience, but I
believe that a well-designed and well-implemented solution will work as well
in a VMware environment as in a 'physical' environment.

tl