Networker

Re: [Networker] Profiler for Legato Networker???

2005-09-27 10:32:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] Profiler for Legato Networker???
From: "Broughton, Paul PM SITI-ITISESR" <Paul.Broughton AT SHELL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:28:19 +0200
Eddie,

We did an evaluation of TEKtools last year and found its functionality and ease
of use etc such that from a Legato perspective, it more-or-less prodcued ALL
the reports required by mgt, off the shelf.

It is aware of Legato's internals (at least up to version 6.xx), index layout
etc, so that once loaded, it can be used to easily check backup status,
throughput, issues etc, etc.

It can also be used to provide storage profiling (ie. NetApps) AND consistant
reporting of backup applications other than Legato...

I believe there are later versions (with improved functionality) - but my
involvement with the tool ended around 1 year ago.

All in all, we were very impressed with the tool, and the company were more
than helpful trying to provide work-arounds for any specific issues we
encountered.

Hope this helps.