Networker

[Networker] directives question

2005-09-26 11:18:03
Subject: [Networker] directives question
From: Bill Hewitt <bill AT INF.ED.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:12:05 +0100
All of the examples that I can find have absolute paths for the left
hand side of directives. Does this have to be the case ?

can I easily wrire a directive that, for example doesn't back up
anything called cache in a directory called .mozilla

<< .mozilla >>
    +null: cache

The problem here is that cache can be one or more levels down inside a
.mozilla directory and home directories aren't  always at the top level

for home directories at the top level, I assume I could write

<< / >>
    +null .mozilla/*/*/cache
    +null .mozilla/*/*/*/cache