Networker

[Networker] block size

2005-09-25 08:31:02
Subject: [Networker] block size
From: Dave Gold - News <dave2 AT CAMBRIDGECOMPUTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 08:23:23 -0400
Hi,

MaxSGList does most certainly work on Emulex. What was the setting before you
changed it? And did you reboot after you modified it.
Also, are you sure you are using the lpxnds driver? If you aren't, that setting
won't matter.

With the correct setting, mt -f \\.\Tape0 status should show a max block size
of larger than 128K, so I suspect you have to try again. Might be elxsli2 or
something like that--check the device manager to figure out the driver.

Dave

2. set registry setting
(../Services/lpxnds/Parameters/device/MaximumSGList) to hex 33 (ok, should
only work for Adaptec devices but what the heck...)

When I do 'mt -f \\.\Tape? status' on W2k the default, max and min
blocksize are 64, 128 and 4 respectively.

When I do 'scanner' from the backup server, all the tapes are of record
size 128K.