Networker

Re: [Networker] Dynamic WWNs for FC tape drives

2005-09-23 16:25:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] Dynamic WWNs for FC tape drives
From: Robert Maiello <robert.maiello AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 16:21:11 -0400
Is this possible on the L700?   Our drives go right to the switch.  Can
the library override/rewrite the WWN of a drive?

Robert Maiello
Pioneer Data Systems

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 15:58:18 +0000, Raghava Karu <kraghava AT COMCAST DOT NET>
wrote:

>Hi,
>We want to enable the dynamic WWN feature on L700 and for LTO II FC drives.
How do I enable it on L700 and what are the configurations needs to be made
on backup server, storagenodes.

>Each drive should be shared by backup server, and 4 storagenodes in SAN
environment. Please also share me if you are noticing any issues with dWWN
feature.

>Thanks in advance,
>Raghava
>
>To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and
>type
"signoff networker" in the
>body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT
>edu if
you have any problems