Networker

Re: [Networker] How to administrate a LNS through a firewall...

2005-09-20 12:39:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to administrate a LNS through a firewall...
From: Robert Maiello <robert.maiello AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:32:53 -0400
Assuming these are 2 separate data zones you don't need any ports
open between them.

To administer B  use ssh where Xwindows can be tunneled through
the ssh connection.   So ssh would need to be open at the firewall
at the least.

Robert Maiello
Pioneer Data Systems

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 15:07:10 +0200, Thorsten Linow
<Linow.Thorsten AT TALKLINE DOT DE> wrote:

>Hi,
>I have a Datazone "A", based on a windows Legato Neworker Server "ADMIN_Data_A"
>and a Datazone "B, based on a Solaris (sparc) Legato Neworker Server
"ADMIN_Data_B"
>both datazones connected by a VLAN, ports protected by a firewall.
>Now I just want to administrate the datazone "B" from LNS on Datazone "A".
>I do not need to pass any backups through the firewall, just administration..
>Which Ports do I need to open at the firewall?
>
>Kind Regards Thorsten Linow

>*  Thorsten Linow
>*  Informatik Services -Backup & Restore-
>*  Talkline GmbH & CO KG
>*  Talklineplatz 1
>*  25337 Elmshorn
>*
>*  Internet: www.talkline.de
>
>To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and
>type
"signoff networker" in the
>body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT
>edu if
you have any problems