Networker

Re: [Networker] one savegroup completion notification works but t he other notification does not

2005-09-19 13:33:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] one savegroup completion notification works but t he other notification does not
From: "Werth, Dave" <dave.werth AT GARMIN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:29:20 -0500
I had a situation where my ISP was rejecting e-mail from addresses that it
couldn't verify.  When certain housekeeping type processes run on our
Solaris server they automatically send messages about their status to a
number of addresses including my home e-mail.  Because the return address
(root@<our-domain>.com) was not part of our corporate internet facing e-mail
my ISP couldn't verify that it was a valid return address and so rejected
the messages.  What I ended up doing was giving the e-mail a verifiable
return address like this:

        mailx -r dave.werth AT garmin DOT com -s "Subject" etc...

This may not be your problem but it's probably worth looking into.

Dave

David Werth
Garmin AT, Inc
Salem, Oregon