Networker

Re: [Networker] nsradmin query limit

2005-09-16 14:36:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsradmin query limit
From: rader AT GINSENG.HEP.WISC DOT EDU
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 13:34:55 -0500
 > > What I've observed with vary long, single line "update save set"
 > > commands, is that characters 1025-1026 or somesuch get mysteriously
 > > lost.  And that can result in (syntax?) errors.
 > >
 > > Breaking the command into one line per save set is the work-around
 > > that works for me.

 > How do you break them up?  You have to specify all the save sets at one
 > time.  Otherwise the last one just overwrites any of the earlier ones.

Sorry, I wasn't too clear... I wasn't talking about N update
commands...  I was talking about one update command with N lines
of input.

And, sorry again, it turns out my specifics were way off...  just
now, I gave 6.1.4 nsradmin input like so...

 show name; save set
 print type:NSR client; name:some_client
 update save set: /v/a/user.a.backup, /v/b/user.b.backup, [...about 4600
characters here...], /v/z/user.z.backup

and the input...

 [...], /v/u/user.userX.backup, /v/u/user.userY.backup, [...]

was updated as...

 [...], /v/u/user.userX.backup, Y.backup, [...]

so 16 characters disappeared, starting at character 2020 of the
save set list!

Then I did s/, /,^M/g and thus gave nsradmin input like so...

 show name; save set
 print type:NSR client; name:some_client
 update save set: /v/a/user.a.backup,
 /v/b/user.b.backup,
 [... ~ 80 lines containing ~ 4600 characters here ...]
 /v/z/user.z.backup

and it worked correctly.

steve
- - -