Networker

[Networker] Yet another cloning question

2005-09-16 10:47:50
Subject: [Networker] Yet another cloning question
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 10:46:33 -0400
In an attempt to test the backup of 450GB worth of data on an NDMP client I did to a non-NDMP device two nights ago with NetWorker 7.2.1, I want to clone that save set to a storage node. I see that nsrndmp_clone won't work because the data is now in regular Legato tape format, so I am using nsrclone. I set up a default clone pool and assigned it to all the devices on the storage node. I also changed the client entry to include the storage node's hostname in the clone storage nodes afinity list. Still, when I try to run nsrclone, I get the following results:

# time nsrclone -v -s bootz -bPostofficeClone -S 1713926272
Automatically copying save sets(s) to other volume(s)

Starting cloning operation...
  ...from storage node: bootz
nsrclone: error, no matching devices; check storage nodes, devices or pools
nsrclone: Cannot open nsrclone session with bootz
nsrclone: Failed to clone any save sets
0.08u 0.02s 0:00.28 35.7%

What am I doing wrong here?

Ideally, I prefer to simply recover the data back to our development server. Unfortunately, I will not be able to do the for another month due to server availability. In the meanwhile, I figured I would try cloning the data.

"signoff networker" in the