Networker

Re: [Networker] Running 7.2.1 ???

2005-09-16 09:24:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] Running 7.2.1 ???
From: Robert Maiello <robert.maiello AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 09:22:42 -0400
When you say "non-NDMP" device, does that imply that the data goes
over the network to the storage node and then to the tape drive?.

Currently our NDMP devices are owned by the filer..  if the devices
are non-NDMP (but can take an NDMP stream) and are owned by the storage
node, does that not imply the NDMP stream will go over the network to
the storage node?   Currently they go right to tape not touching the
network.

Sorry if I mis-understood the thread.

Robert Maiello
Pioneer Data Systems

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 16:57:04 -0400, Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote:

>On Sep 15, 2005, at 2:05 PM, Yura Pismerov wrote:
>

>> Stan Horwitz wrote:
>>
>>> On Sep 13, 2005, at 5:46 PM, Jimeee Womack wrote:
>>> Last night, we did our first test of an NDMP recover. We
>>> successfully  recovered approx. 450GB worth of data to a test
>>> server via NDMP with  SnapImage. The test worked fine. As I write
>>> this message, I am  backing
>>>

>> Is it true that 7.2.1 can now do NDMP backups without employing the
>> Snapimage ?
>
>I tried doing a backup of around 450GB that way last night. Although
>I have not had time to test that backup yet, it seems to have run
>fine on a non-NDMP device.
>I am going to try cloning the data tomorrow.
>
>To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and
type "signoff networker" in the
>body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT
>edu
if you have any problems