Networker

Re: [Networker] How to use all tapes together?

2005-09-16 05:16:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to use all tapes together?
From: "Maarten Boot (CWEU-USERS/CWNL)" <Maarten.Boot AT NL.COMPUWARE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 11:19:53 +0200
Hi,

There are several ways you could approach this but there are also obstacles.

First i do not understand what you mean with mounts (is that filesystems, as
in /data1, /data2, ... ).

Second if you set the drive paralellism to 8 then because of client parallel
is also 8 all 8 backups tend to go to only one drive. To force the use of 4
drives set dive paralellism to 1 or 2. With a client paralellism (you have
only one client if I understand right), this will distribute the data streams
to all drives.

Now note: it is also important to understand how your data is organized on
this 800Gb is this one big Raid box or are this separate dirives (not
partitions) tell me more about that as it could influence the speed of your
backup if you start reading 4 or 8 datastreams from the same disk/raidbox.

hope this helps a bit and feel free to ask more

Maarten

--
Maarten Boot,
Compuware Europe B.V.