Networker

[Networker] Fuji brand LTO-2

2005-09-15 15:19:40
Subject: [Networker] Fuji brand LTO-2
From: Librado Pamintuan <LPamintuan AT REGINA DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 13:13:23 -0600
Has anybody have any problem/errors with Fuji brand tape cartridges?

Do you think it's time to try a different brand of tape? I can't see no problem
with the tape drives, both are now replaced and firmware/microcode are also
upgraded to the latest. The adapter and drive SCSI drivers are also up to date
and properly loaded in the kernel.
Big question that still keeps Legato and  Red Hat Tech. thinking and still
wondering why is that:
This tape drive or media error is only happening on our Unix backups and
nothing on Network backups, the only difference between the 2 pool is
compression. I even switched the drive - Unix is /dev/nst0 before and now
assigned to /dev/nst1, but still getting the same error/problems. So the Fuji
brand might have some issues with compression

Thanks in advance,

Librado Pamintuan
Technical Support Analyst II
Information Systems Dep.
Operations Group
City of Regina

Phone:          (306) 777-7573
General Fax: (306) 777-6804
eFax:             (306) 546-6002
eMail:            lpamintuan AT regina DOT ca

DISCLAIMER: The information transmitted is intended only
for the addressee and may contain confidential,
proprietary and/or privileged material. Any
unauthorized review, distribution or other use
of or the taking of any action in reliance upon
this information is prohibited. If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and
delete or destroy this message and any copies.