Networker

[Networker] Kernel Parameter Recipe for Networker 7.2.1 on HP-UX 11.23

2005-09-15 11:42:42
Subject: [Networker] Kernel Parameter Recipe for Networker 7.2.1 on HP-UX 11.23
From: David Libby <david.libby AT ROLEX DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 11:30:25 -0400
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a kernel parameter "recipe" (i.e. /stand/system) for Legato
Networker 7.2.1 on HP-UX 11.23 in a large environment.

So far HP and Legato have been unable to provide and we've been
iteratively "tweaking" until now which is a little irritating to say the
least.

All the "tweaking" was historically on 11.11 and we have had satisfactory
stability on 11.11 for some time now, but it was too painful getting there.

I'm not talking about performance tuning... but guaranteeing "stability"
and "functionality" under load.

Now that we are migrating to 11.23, we want to avoid that old scenario of
iterative configuration by implementing a kernel which is properly
configured from the start.

So in short :-),what we're looking for is a /stand/system file which
covers "stability and functionality". A recipe, if you like.

Here's the tunables we have modified so far on our new 11.23 systems... the
modifications are based upon our experiences with *11.11*...

=======================
tunable shmmax 17179869184
tunable semmnu 260
tunable ninode 16384