Networker

[Networker] Backup Level problems on Novell servers

2005-09-13 09:58:34
Subject: [Networker] Backup Level problems on Novell servers
From: Tim Dimock <tim.dimock AT ACADIAU DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 09:52:10 -0400
Hello All,

Backup Level problems on Novell servers:

Weâ??ve upgraded to Netware 6.5 (sp3) and the new Legato Networker client -
we're using version 4.22.03 of all Networker files for Netware, except for
nsrlib.nlm which is version 4.22.05.  On Netware, we're using all the
latest tsa files (from tsa5up18). Our Networker server is running Solaris 8
with Networker version 6.1.3.

When we do a full backup of our Novell servers it should clear the archive
bit on all files, so on the next backup of a lower level (level 2), only
the files that have been marked as changed will be backed up. Our problem
is the archive bit isnâ??t being cleared on all files only some. When we do
our first level 2 backup after a full backup, it is much larger than it
should be.

If you have had any problems that sound the same as ours, your suggestions
are appreciated!

Regards,
Tim