Networker

Re: [Networker] NUL handshake - Firewall issue

2005-09-12 11:28:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] NUL handshake - Firewall issue
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:24:56 -0400
On Sep 12, 2005, at 11:20 AM, Howard Martin wrote:

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:23:33 -0400, Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote:

Try setting NSR_KEEP_ALIVE to 15 instead of 30. The optimum setting
depends on how your firewall is configured.

On your Windows clients, you might also set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM
\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\keepalivetime
setting DWORD:DECIMAL 7200000 for servers that need it

Shouldn't that be 900000 to be equivalent to 15 minutes?

It depends on your firewall. In most cases, we have not had to go that route at all on our servers, but a few have required it. This is what Legato tech support recommended for us when we had ongoing problems backing up and recovering data across a particular firewall.

"signoff networker" in the