Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker for NetWare 7.2... anybody!?

2005-09-12 04:34:45
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker for NetWare 7.2... anybody!?
From: Joaquin Camp <joaquin.camp AT PROACT DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:29:27 +0200
  Hi all,

I have received just two answers... none of them really helped me. =(

To Chezy Gal:
The saveset is just: DATA:, the "helge:Data:" that you saw... is from the
error message that NetWorker produce... "helge" is just the name of the
machine.

The patches that I'm talking about, are NetWare patches. If you read the
installation guide of NetWorker 7.2 for NetWare, you will find them on page
7. You will then have to download them from Novell's site.

The RPC errors that you are experience, can be related to network issues. Have
you checked the hosts files on your NetWare box? You must at least have 3
entries...
127.0.0.1 localhost
IP long name short name
IP long name short name (of the backup server)

The same goes for the backupservers host file. If you are using DNS... please,
do this anyway. By the way... do you have a firewall of some sort in between?

To Simon:
I'm happy for you guys... I have a newly installed NetWare 6.5 sp3, so I
really don't need to care about old NetWorker versions. The server is a
Windows 2000 with NetWorker 7.2.1.

Did you guys applied any patches what so ever?
I have: tsa5up18, wsock6g and tcp659j
Still I can't manage the backups to run!?... The weirdest thing is the message
that I get... "helge:DATA: Invalid save set or save set not available DATA:"
Apparently it can connect and everything... it just can get the saveset
information... it can't find the saveset!?

Anybody out there with some knowledge about this?

TIA
/JC

--
Joaquin Camp