Networker

Re: [Networker] Already-running-problem

2005-08-30 12:32:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] Already-running-problem
From: Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 18:22:42 +0200
On Tue, 30 Aug 2005, Florian Meister wrote:

FM> I'm using networker 7.1.2 and sometimes I get mails that some groups are
FM> already running. Looking into networkers interface, it seems that he has
FM> nothing to do, but looking into the group-control-window, the groups are
FM> running.
FM>
FM> Does somebody know something about this issue,

We've seen this on some rare occasion on netware clients, running
networker 4.21 and 4.22. Stop the group and kill any non-dead processes
manually that are related to that save. This tends to occur more
frequently if you use that snapshot thingie in the networker client (that
uh, function, that is only available for netware. I'm sure you know which
one I'm talking about! :P ). I suggest you turn it off.

Off-topic below:

FM>           (__)                       Florian Meister
FM>           (oo)
FM>    /-------\/                 florian.meister AT medienhaus DOT at
FM>   / |     ||                        +43 5572 501 134
FM>  *  ||w---||
FM>     ^^    ^^         "The only problem with troubleshooting is that

This cow looks awfully lot like some ASCII cows that were included with an
old++ IRC script - mid 90s. But I remember them being less uh neutral. Let
me see if I can dig it up from some old home directory..

Ah, yes indeed I did find it - scroll down for the not-so-office-friendly
ASCII graphics!

            (___)
            (o o)  <===== name1
     /    ____O    (oo)   <===== name2