Networker

Re: [Networker] MacOSX 10.4 client

2005-08-25 02:39:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] MacOSX 10.4 client
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 02:37:31 -0400
On Aug 25, 2005, at 12:14 AM, Nick Tan wrote:

Hi All,

Does anyone know if the Legato 7.1 client for MacOSX is compatible with
version 10.4 of OSX (Tiger)?  I'm searching the legato website but I
can't find any information regarding this.

Back in May, I did some testing of this. My primary workstation is a PowerPC G5, which sits on a switched 100-Base-T network. I installed the NetWorker 7.1.3 client on it and I used it to do a full back up of approximately 80GB each on two internal disk drives. I then tried to recover the contents of my second disk drive to a different folder. This worked, but at the very end of the recovery process, it died with some sort of pipe error. I recovered the data to a new folder. I ran a diff of the original folder vs the recovered folder and they came out almost identical. I tried this two or three times, with the same results, each time.

"signoff networker" in the