Networker

[Networker] Oracle RAC backups

2005-08-22 09:13:47
Subject: [Networker] Oracle RAC backups
From: Mary Hamilton <mary.hamilton AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 08:58:23 -0400
How do i setup a RAC oracle backup as we are not using a logical/ virtual
ipaddress to address the database. Our normal cluster setup would have
both the physical nodes and the logical node and we would schedule the
database backup via the logical client avoiding a backup failure if either
of the physical nodes were unavailable. Seperate filesystem backups would
run for each physical node.

Current setup is 2 physical nodes each accessing the database disks using
the Oracle RAC. Users accessing the database are directed to the database
either other node via the TNS setup.
The only way I can see with this setup is to have 1 physical node setup on
the client that can run the Oracle backups but the issue is if this node
is unavailable then manual intervention is required to get the other
physical node to run the backup. Is there any way this can be automated on
the win 2003(Legato client 7.1.3)  setup with a Solaris Backup server
running 7.1.3