Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup plans

2005-08-21 06:36:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup plans
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 06:33:27 -0400
On Aug 21, 2005, at 6:04 AM, Jeff Allison wrote:

Can any body please point me in the direction of some examples for server group backups I've been trying to use networker as a plain backup system ie fulls every night and send the tapes offsite, but this isn't working out so I'm looking to find a better way.

I don't know of any examples, off hand. Its pretty simple though, at least on the surface. You set up your client entries and a group for them. You can schedule the backup schedule either in the individual client entries or via the group. What kind of problem are you having? What NetWorker environment are you working with? If you elaborate on exactly what the problem is and what you want to achieve with backups, I am sure you can get some helpful information via this list.

You may also want to check Legato's web site at http://www.legato.com for the documentation and this list's archives at http:// listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html

"signoff networker" in the