Networker

Re: [Networker] Certification on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4?

2005-08-19 10:38:43
Subject: Re: [Networker] Certification on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4?
From: Olaf Zaplinski <o.zaplinski AT BROADNET DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 16:35:49 +0200
Stan Horwitz wrote:
Terry, does this support also include the Oracle module? This is something we need here for a database system that's about to go online on a RHES 4 server.

Same thing here, so I asked Legato. They said:

"RedHat EL 4 will be supported as CLIENT in 7.2.1, due to be release by the end of August
NMO does not support RedHat EL 4 yet.
Changes to device support in Linux 2.6 kernel require NW code changes.
We will provide support for storage nodes and servers with NW 7.3 release targeted for the end of 05."

and several days later

"At the moment After some internal research I cannot give you a datetime when NMO support for RedHat EL 4 is planned."

Olaf

"signoff networker" in the