Networker

[Networker] RE : [Networker] Staging to Advanced File Type dev ices

2005-08-17 10:46:24
Subject: [Networker] RE : [Networker] Staging to Advanced File Type dev ices
From: "Faidherbe, Thierry" <Thierry.Faidherbe AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 13:08:53 +0200
If you want to work with multiple Adv_Files a time and if
Adv_Files are used as temp location before being staged
to another pool (tape based), to work with multiple disk devices
a time, you have to label them into different pools because backups
on disk device will not span accross different volumes. Then,
load-ballance your clients to use these different new pools.

Then, as staging is just moving data from a pool to another,
just stage from multiple file dev a time to one or more tape device
to one more "tape" pool.

The major advantages you will have are
-more than 1 staging session a time (faster)
-you may proceed to a recover by stopping 1 stage without
blocking all staging process
-better disk usage and perf.
-less impact/damage in case of file system corruption for unstaged yet ssid.

HTH,

Thierry