Networker

Re: [Networker] Throw This in the Mix: Networker vs Veritas-NetBackup vs TSM

2005-08-15 11:15:55
Subject: Re: [Networker] Throw This in the Mix: Networker vs Veritas-NetBackup vs TSM
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 11:12:12 -0400
Sounds like either a lot of tape reading will have to take place or huge indexes will have to be maintained. Might be simpler in terms of tape usage, though, since you're not running fulls again, but seems with the added overhead of managing huge indexes or reading all those tapes that an accident is just waiting to happen? But I've never used this product, or TSM, so what do I know.

George

Jack Bogart wrote:

The perpetual incrementals you're talking about are present in yet another product:
CommVault Galaxy.  They call it a "Synthetic Full"  and its constructed from
the last full plus the interim incrementals/differentials... and it does work.