Networker

Re: [Networker] Problem with ending a savegroup

2005-08-11 10:42:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problem with ending a savegroup
From: John Stoffel <john.stoffel AT TAEC.TOSHIBA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 10:41:04 -0400
Conrad> All that would do is prevent Windows boxes from hanging Unix
Conrad> systems.  The Windows boxes would still hang each other, and
Conrad> the occasional Unix failure would still hang the group.

Sure, but at least it wouldn't hang all the systems.  Some improvement
is better than none.

Conrad> The problem is very inconsistent. A client will cause a
Conrad> savegroup to hang one day that hadn't done that the previous
Conrad> day and won't do it the next. When a client hangs a savegroup
Conrad> consistently, we can track it down. And when we can't we do
Conrad> exactly what you suggest, with a special savegroup.

Conrad> Yes, patching and client reboots do sometimes help the
Conrad> situation. There doesn't appear to be any correlation with
Conrad> filesystem size or number of files. In most cases there is no
Conrad> data passing across the link.

Wish I had better help for you in this situation, sorry I can't do
more than the obvious.

John