Networker

Re: [Networker] Problem with ending a savegroup

2005-08-11 09:57:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problem with ending a savegroup
From: "Macina, Conrad" <Conrad.Macina AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:56:01 -0400
All that would do is prevent Windows boxes from hanging Unix systems.
The Windows boxes would still hang each other, and the occasional Unix
failure would still hang the group.

The problem is very inconsistent. A client will cause a savegroup to
hang one day that hadn't done that the previous day and won't do it the
next. When a client hangs a savegroup consistently, we can track it
down. And when we can't we do exactly what you suggest, with a special
savegroup.

Yes, patching and client reboots do sometimes help the situation. There
doesn't appear to be any correlation with filesystem size or number of
files. In most cases there is no data passing across the link.

Thanks for your comments,

Conrad