Networker

Re: [Networker] Problem with ending a savegroup

2005-08-11 05:54:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problem with ending a savegroup
From: Conrad Macina <conrad.macina AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 05:51:29 -0400
If you ask the team here what our Number One NetWorker Problem is, this is
it. We experience hung savegroups every day, mostly in our larger data
zones. As Davina said, the only "solution" is to kill the running savegroup
just before it is scheduled to run.

Interestingly, on some occasions, issuing the kill command to the client's
nsrexec process causes the group to end successfully. Go figure!

We have been discussing this with a NetWorker Product Manager. I'll post
anything I learn to the list.

Conrad Macina
Pfizer, Inc.