Networker

Re: [Networker] Extracting information from Networker

2005-08-04 20:30:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] Extracting information from Networker
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 17:25:17 -0700
> This give use the SSID for a client or a specified period(please forgive the
> variables:
>
> mminfo -q "client=$client, !incomplete, savetime>=01/01/01"
>
> then we are getting the file list, size, savetime, out of this command.
>
> nsrinfo -xc, -Vt $nsavetime $client
>
> Maybe I don't understand what information is being captured.
>
> Colums included in the output:
>
> objects,client,savetime2,savetime1,name-space,file-name,size,off,app1,app2
>
> Deffinitions:
> Object:       Number of objects/files in the saveset
> Client:       Duh!!
> Savetime2:    date and time backed up in Ctime
> Savetime1:    date and time backed up in standard format
> Names-Space:  Not sure

I don't have 7.x.  What is a sample value here?  I presume it's either a
match for the saveset 'name' or for the type of backup (like UNIX or
Windows).

> File-Name:    Path and name for directories and files
> Size:         Size of file
> Off:          Not sure.  I know the deffinition is offset within the
> saveset.  Offset of what?

Offset from the front of the saveset.  Imagine the saveset is 4GB in
size.  A particular file has an offset of 3404232.  So it's found about
3 MB from the front of the saveset.  This lets the software find the
exact volume and tape file quickly.