Networker

Re: [Networker] Latest client for Netware

2005-07-28 18:40:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] Latest client for Netware
From: Ryan Tassotti <Ryan.Tassotti AT BRISBANE.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 08:38:21 +1000
Hi Andrew,

I believe there is a later version of NSRLIB.NLM available from Legato Support,
which addressess issues with NetWare 6.x and TSAFS with the 4.22 client for
NetWare.  If you are using TSA600 (which I think is now unsupported by
Novell?), then this later NSRLIB.NLM is irrelevant.

Also ensure that you are using the latest TSA's from Novell, ie.
http://support.novell.com/servlet/filedownload/uns/ftf/tsa5up18.exe/

Do you have plenty of free memory on the client doing the recover?  I have seen
NetWare servers run out of memory performing very large recover operations.

Good luck!
Ryan.

>>> a.horne AT SHEFFIELD.AC DOT UK 28/07/2005 9:07:18 pm >>>
Hi,

I'm having some trouble restoring data to a Neware6.5SP3 server from a
Solaris9, Legato 7.1.3 server.  Typically at some point during the restore
the Netware server will abend.  This may be as the restore is starting or
during the restore.  This is with the same data set on each occasion.  I am
testing backup and restores on Netware with this version of Networker before
we upgrade our main backup machine from 6.1.4 to 7.1.3.

The abend is related to the NSRLIB.NLM module which is part of the Networker
client on the Netware server.  I have seen that there are later verisons of
 some of the modules available although the latest version of the client on
the Legato site seems to have the outdated, original modules from the 4.22
client.

The dates of client modules we are running is -
networkr.nlm 4.22.00  14 May 2004
nsrlib.nlm 4.22.04  12 November 2004

I have seen later versions of these modules mentioned on this list, any tips
on where to get them from?

Regards,

Andrew Horne

   This message has passed through an insecure network.
    Please direct all enquiries to the message author.