Networker

[Networker] Two questions on savesets and volumes?

2005-07-27 14:50:01
Subject: [Networker] Two questions on savesets and volumes?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 14:49:25 -0400
Two questions here on save sets:

1. Is there a way to determine which volume a specific path name is on if the parent file system is split across multiple tapes? I'm assuming we're still in the browse policy for the affected client.

For example, let's say I have a client named fred with 2 file systems (/, /0) and saveset recover shows that the last full for /0 is contained on volumes: vol001, 002 and 003. Is there a way I can determine which tape contains a specific path under /0, e.g. /0/data/dir or say a specific file?

Obviously, I can run 'nsrinfo -s server client | grep path_name', but that will only tell me the nsavetime, not the volume. The nsavetime will be the same for all pieces of the saveset (/0) for the full, so I don't see how using nsrinfo with the nsavetime will be able to help because it will show all the volumes with that nsavetime value, not the one volume that actually contains the path?

2. Guess this is the converse of question 1. Is there a way to see all the files (pathnames) on a given volume that are still within the browse policy? mminfo shows only saveset names, and nsrinfo won't show you the volumes.

Thanks.

George