Networker

[Networker] Recovering files on VMS

2005-07-20 18:58:59
Subject: [Networker] Recovering files on VMS
From: "King, David - Eastman" <dking AT EASTMAN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 18:52:19 -0400
Been working two days on this.

I have a W2K3 Networker 7.2 trying to backup and restore a Alpha VMS 7x
with the 601D NetWorker client.

        * OpenVMS Alpha operating system Version 7.1-1h2.
        * POLYCENTER Software Installation (PCSI) utility Version
v7.2-108
        - TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS (UCX) Version V5.1)

Finally got the thing to back up by putting NSR$EXECD in the  User
Groups/Administrators on Networker.

Now cannot restore.  Directed recovery says no index found or I must be
a supervisor. VMS guy put my account on the VMS box, but still no luck.
I tried putting this account on the client permissions on Networker.
Still no luck.

The save set recover pulls in the tape, reads it, but does not restore
any files. Tried every restore option switch (overwrite, prompt, etc)

NSR$EXECD permissions on the VMS box look correct.

When VMS guy logs in with NSR$EXECD account, he cannot run Networker
commands (save, etc)

HELP!

David L. King