Networker

Re: [Networker] NMO 4.2 with Veritas Cluster 4.0

2005-07-18 11:29:39
Subject: Re: [Networker] NMO 4.2 with Veritas Cluster 4.0
From: Will Parsons <w.parsons AT LEEDS.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 16:25:55 +0100
Hi Bernd,
Your oracle user has to have specific permission to access the VCS resources. The way I've done it is to create a VCS user (within the GUI: "File -> user Manager"), and make that user a Group Administrator for the Service Group that the resources are in.

So, in the case of the oracle user which owns our Development cluster service Oracle installs, it's a Group Admin for the DEV_SG. You might be able to get away with Group Operator privs for just running lcmap, but being Group Admin will allow your RMAN scripts to enable/disable/start/stop resources, so it's quite a handy trick.

Let me know offline if you need any further info on this.

Will

Bernd Gotschy wrote:

Hallo,

we have two Networker 7.1.3 clients which run on a Veritas 4.0 Cluster
on Solaris 9. We have no RAC installed.
These clients are Oracle 10g database servers. We use NMO 4.2.
Filesystem backups as user root work fine for the virtual and
physical clients.
The problem is that any backup process (save, savefs ...) calls
internally lcmap from Legato. lcmap executes a number of cluster
cli commands (hagrp and hares).
lcmap works fine as user root but blocks as user oracle. hagrp and
hares request user and password if run as user oracle.
Oracle backups are thus blocked. User oracle cannot even run a
simple save.

Anyone running a similar configuration? Any comments?

regards
Bernd

w.parsons AT leeds.ac DOT uk
UNIX Support