Networker

[Networker] NDS Directive

2005-07-07 09:56:28
Subject: [Networker] NDS Directive
From: Carl Farnsworth <cfarnsworth AT UCASYSTEMS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 09:54:52 -0400
Calling all Netware gurus:

We have a client who has just configured their first Netware client, and
are having trouble with a Directive dealing with NDS.  Because of lack of
permissions, they're getting warning messages about a series of files in
NDS that can't be backed up, and want to just skip them, but we can't get
the syntax right.  Warning messages like:

* <host>:{NDS} (1) .NLS:License
ID=SN:xxxxxxx.NLS:Publisher=Novell+NLS:Product=NetWare 5
Server+NLS:Version=500.OU=SERVERS.OU=FOO.O=BAR.T=BAR.                 User
has no access rights to the named object.

I recommended trying directive as follows:

     skip:  .NLS?License*

But this has resulted in error messages:

: bad dir spec, line 1 of server backup directives

And worse, failed to backup anything.

Any help appreciated.

tia,
cf