Networker

Re: [Networker] How do you configure single saveset stream on multiple tapes?

2005-06-30 12:26:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] How do you configure single saveset stream on multiple tapes?
From: Davina Treiber <treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:22:10 -0400
On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:32:34 -0700, Barbara Zahn <barbarazahn AT YAHOO DOT COM>
wrote:

>Save -M is not supported, if save set is spanned on several volumes you
cannot recover from 2nd or third volume, run mminfo -avot after the backup.

Would you care to elaborate please? What happens if you try to recover from
the 2nd or 3rd volume? Is it broken or just not supported?

I have been waiting for a feature like this for years, and right now have a
requirement for it (a 2TB filesystem that needs full backups daily). I have
tried it, and it seemed to work. Each of the 4 streams spanned 2 tapes and
mminfo output looks fine, however I haven't tried a recovery test yet.

Please tell what you know.