Networker

Re: [Networker] Legato backup permissions

2005-06-29 10:15:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] Legato backup permissions
From: Eric Wagar <eric AT DEADHOOKERS DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 07:15:24 -0700
We have a problem here with Legato Networker 7.1.3 B404 running under RedHat
2.1 AS. On the clients we have installed W2K-Server SP4 with OFM and Legato
User.

The problem ist that I needed to recover some files today located in a
subdirectory-structure like this: F:\BIT\xxx (where xxx is the needed
subdirectory).

The big point is that the xxx directory was not even visible in the recover
gui on the client and has never been backed up.

The needed data was unrecoverable and is lost by now :-(

Now the question is:

How do I have to instal the OFM and the Legato-User on the W2K-Srv-Client ?
Is it ok when it runs under the local-system-account ?
Does it need to have special permissions ?
Is it neccessary for the directory permissions that there is a
legato-user-account listed ? (would be an exception with this
backup-software) and do I need a dedicated legato-user-account with
domain-admin-permissions ?

What are the file names that have been lost? They may be skipped by a server side or a client side directive.

eric