Networker

Re: [Networker] Basic NDMP question

2005-06-28 16:20:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] Basic NDMP question
From: Itzik Meirson <imeirson AT MBI.CO DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:19:19 +0300
This seems to be just a nomenclature.
I think that Legato documents refer to a jukebox that has its robotic
arm connected to a NAS host as an NDMP jukebox.
There is nothing in the hardware different from a standard jukebox.
As regarding to Networker, it will support either a "NDMP jukebox" or
"regular jukebox".
Legato may have also another misleading term "shared jukebox". This is a
jukebox that has some of its drives connected to one host and the others
to another one. The robotic arm is always connected (controlled) to only
one host.
Itzik