Networker

[Networker] Conflicting patches (LGTpa69733 and LGTpa75831), what to do?

2005-06-22 04:32:37
Subject: [Networker] Conflicting patches (LGTpa69733 and LGTpa75831), what to do?
From: Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:13:37 +0200
When restoring from a netware 4.22 client with patch LGTpa69733, nsrmmd dies. I have previously applied LGTpa75831. I noticed that when I had applied LGTpa75831 (which is supposed to fix netware restore problems), nsrmmd used to die once a day, but that stopped occuring when I applied LGTpa69773. But now netware restores makes nsrmmd die, and the restores fail, since they never get to speak to an available nsrmmd. When reapplying patch LGTpa75831, and thus replacing nsrmmd, netware restores work again.

However, this presents a few problems. I suppose that LGTpa75831 doesn't include the fixes in LGTpa69773, and I have also seen nsrmmd crashes myself with that nsrmmd version, but on the other hand, netware restores don't work with the nsrmmd included in LGTpa69773. It doesn't feel good to replace the nsrmmd everytime I need to get a netware restore done, so is anyone aware of a better solution? A patch that fixes both issues perhaps?

//Oscar