Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker Upgrade to 7.x

2005-06-20 15:51:00
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker Upgrade to 7.x
From: Tim Mooney <mooney AT DOGBERT.CC.NDSU.NODAK DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 14:50:13 -0500
In regard to: [Networker] Networker Upgrade to 7.x, Ciolek, Ken said (at...:

I am getting ready to do a company wide upgrade to 7.x and read the install
guide and for the mopst part seems pretty straight forward. I wanted
feedback if anyone ran into any problems or issues due to whatever reason.
The platform that I am performing the upgrade on Windows 2000 and running a
mix of 6.0.1 and 6.1.3.

The upgrade itself went smoothly for us.  We ran into some serious
problems with clients that use NetWorker client < 6.x.  You need to set a
special environment variable just to back up old (e.g. NetWare) clients,
and restores of savesets > 2 GB from those clients will fail unless you get
a patch from Legato.

If you have no clients that are using client software < 6.x, you won't
have to worry about any of that.

V7 also is a little more picky about client names.  In a couple cases, we
needed to add additional Aliases to the client entry.  That was pretty
easy to fix.

We've probably found a few minor bugs, but aside from the issues I've
already mentioned, we haven't had any serious problems with 7.x.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              mooney AT dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak DOT edu