Networker

Re: [Networker] Using Old and New networker Server at the same time.

2005-06-06 06:14:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] Using Old and New networker Server at the same time.
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 11:13:27 +0100
Andrew Bridgeman wrote:

> I currently have an old Unix Networker server which has data on it that we
> need to get back today ASAP,the problem is that my Clone of my Full backup
> on the new Windows Networker server is still running from the weekend and
> will be for a while. Apparently i cannot have two networker servers up at
> the same time on the network according to my support guys. Does anyone know
> a way around this issue?

Not quite sure what your support guys are saying. You can have as many
NetWorker servers on you network as you like. However, if your old
server used the same licences as the new one that's what your problem
will be. If you were to use different licences on the old server you
would be OK, perhaps you could enter eval licences on the old server?
Technically you don't need any licences if all you want to do is
recover, but this can be a problem if you want to control a jukebox.