Networker

Re: [Networker] How fast are you getting on SDLT 320?

2005-06-03 13:21:22
Subject: Re: [Networker] How fast are you getting on SDLT 320?
From: Alan Skinner <alan.skinner AT DIX.ARMY DOT MIL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 13:10:32 -0400
I just had Quantum set up two SDLT 320's in an M2500 tape library. The tech
told me they were only good for 16 MB/s each.  I am only getting about 8 or
9 MB/s together. My server is running Windows 2003 with the tape library
connected by fiber channel, running networker 7.1. on a switched network
with server and clients all with 100mb nic cards. My switch and router guys
are monitoring the ports and seeing 60 and 70 mb/s going to the server. I
have the server Parallism set at 6, the two tape devices have target
sessions at 4 and the client Parallelism at 4.
I see some conversation out there about compression. I am not sure what to
do there?
Help....Looking for the bottleneck!!!!!