Networker

Re: [Networker] slightly-OT: data *destruction* policy

2005-06-03 13:02:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] slightly-OT: data *destruction* policy
From: mdyer AT OAOT DOT COM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 13:02:17 -0400
This is a very interesting "Off Topic".  I've read the others comments and
found them enlightening and entertaining.  I would also have enjoyed seeing
170+ hard drives shredded, but that seems the rare exception.

We do not have a formal policy for data destruction, but we do degauss
all "known bad" electronic media before it leaves the facility, even when
the media has been replaced by a "certified" vendor.

For DVD and CD media, the site where I work has a contract with a company
that performs secure shredding and they are able to handle DVD and CD media.