Networker

[Networker] 7.1.2 to 7.1.3 upgrade issues ...

2005-06-03 11:41:44
Subject: [Networker] 7.1.2 to 7.1.3 upgrade issues ...
From: "McDougal, Philip H" <PMcDougal AT JENNER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 10:40:30 -0500
Hello all.

I recently upgraded to 7.1.3 from 7.1.2 because of a hot fix I needed to
keep savesets from being over written (I have the patch# if anyone wants
it).  But now I'm seeing several issues.

Enviro = Windows 2003 Server and Clients

One of which is that backup server name changed from short to long.  And
I'm thinking because of this, I can not run NSRCK -L7 on anything that
was backed up to the short name of the server.  I can run scanner on the
tapes to re-enter them into the index
but that takes forever.  As a way to fix this, I created a temp client
and associated the short server name clientID to it.  But I'm seeing
very odd behavior when I run NSRCK -L7.  It says it scanned in the index
and I can see it from the Administrator GUI but when I browse the client
I can't see savesets for those dates.  Any ideas on how to fix this
would be great, as Legato said this is a known issue and "will get back
to me".

Also, when I "upgraded", I noticed that if I view my volumes by
expiration, the order is out of whack.  Here's an example:

1/1/2006
1/2/2006
1/22/2006
1/26/2006
1/29/2006
1/29/2006
1/29/2006
1/29/2006
1/3/2006
1/3/2006
1/3/2006
1/4/2006
1/5/2006
10/16/2005
10/18/2005
10/20/2005
2/1/2006
2/10/2006
2/2/2006

Etc. .....

I understand the logic of the order here but it's terribly annoying.
And again, Legato says they are aware of this and there is an RFE with
no dates for release.  Does anyone have a way to fix this?

Thank you for your time and any help!
Phil.

Philip H. McDougal
Application Support Engineer
Jenner & Block LLP
One IBM Plaza
Chicago, IL 60611-7603
Tel (312) 222-9350
Fax (312) 840-8879
PMcDougal AT jenner DOT com
www.jenner.com

CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING: This email may contain privileged or confidential
information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any
unauthorized use or disclosure of this communication is prohibited. If you
believe that you have received this email in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete it from your system.