Networker

Re: [Networker] Tape drive recommendations

2005-06-01 17:42:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] Tape drive recommendations
From: Librado Pamintuan <LPamintuan AT REGINA DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 15:41:13 -0600
If you want to be able to read from your previous DLT backups tapes, then go on
with the DLT technology.
We just moved from DLT 7000 to LTO-2 and since then I didn't need as much tape
per week in the library.

You can also find a tape library which you can mix DLT and LTO tape drives, so
that you can use both technology, a bit pricy though.

How about the VAX technology from Exabyte? Haven't tried or used, but it seems
to be a good product.

regards,

Librado Pamintuan
Technical Support Analyst II
Information Systems Dep.
Operations Group
City of Regina

Phone:          (306) 777-7573
General Fax: (306) 777-6804
eFax:             (306) 546-6002
eMail:            lpamintuan AT regina DOT ca

>>> tpbsys AT RIT DOT EDU 06/01/05 3:06 pm >>>
Hi,

One of my colleagues is researching options for replacing a tape
autoloader.  They are currently using DLT-4000 (Dell PowerVault 120T)
and are looking at either SDLT 320 or LTO-2 drives.  How do these two
technologies compare?  What would you recommend?

Thanks.

Teresa

DISCLAIMER: The information transmitted is intended only
for the addressee and may contain confidential,
proprietary and/or privileged material. Any
unauthorized review, distribution or other use
of or the taking of any action in reliance upon
this information is prohibited. If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and
delete or destroy this message and any copies.