Networker

Re: [Networker] Tape0 gone into service mode.

2005-06-01 05:56:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] Tape0 gone into service mode.
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 05:55:01 -0400
On Jun 1, 2005, at 5:37 AM, Andrew Bridgeman wrote:

I have just put 26 new tapes into my Tape Library but ever since this has been done Tape 0 has gone into service mode and when i do a full inventory
of all 26 slots tape 12 comes up with erors like:

moving tape_bsf failed uknown error 1104 (0x450) (26843656)

The obvious thing to do is to try a different tape which is what i am going to do now and also use a cleaning tape in the drive, however the drive is only a month old so i do not see why this should need to be done already.

Once i have done this how to up the threshhold of my maximum error value? and also how do i get the tape drive back to normal mode not service mode?

Why are you inventorying blank tapes? That makes no sense? Perhaps the
error count setting on Tape 0 is lower than the other devices and you
are triggering it by causing NetWorker to attempt to read tape labels
that do not exist. Can you mount tapes, read labeled tapes, and label
tapes on Tape 0 now?