Networker

Re: [Networker] Configuring Networker for NDMP backups

2005-05-25 15:39:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] Configuring Networker for NDMP backups
From: Stan Sander <ssande AT SANDIA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 13:38:55 -0600
On Wed, 25 May 2005, Randy Doering wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> We are currently testing a new EMC Celerra NAS Appliance and I'm setting up
> Networker for NDMP Backups.
>
> I had a problem running jbconfig and was getting permission problems. I had
> not setup the ndmp user/password when the gear was set up, so I deleted it
> and added it with a known password, and then jbconfig was able to configure
> the jukebox.
>
> Now I'm trying to label some tapes for testing using both nsrjb and the
> GUI, and am having problems related to the username/password it seems, as I
> get:
>
> nsrjb: Jukebox error:  Wed 02:22:30 PM failed to establish connection to
> NDMP server
>
> and some related messages in the daemon.log file.
>
> I have set the username/password in the Junkbox, all 4 of the tape drives,
> and on the client resource. The Jukebox takes the tape out of the correct
> slot, and inserts it into the tape drive, does a read label on it and then
> errors out.
>
> Environment: Networker 7.1.1 on RH Linux 3.0U3, Celerra V5.4. HP MSL5000
> Tape Library.
>
> Thanks,
> Randy

Just a wild guess.  Try increasing your load sleep attribute in the
jukebox.  IIRC for NDMP, 30 seconds minimum is recommended.

--
Stan Sander - CSU Special Projects  (505)284-4915
ASAP, LLC, Contractor assigned to Sandia National Laboratories

Microsoft: You've got questions. We've got a dancing paperclip.