Networker

[Networker] Windows 2003 backups

2005-05-24 14:18:17
Subject: [Networker] Windows 2003 backups
From: Craig Ruefenacht <craig.ruefenacht AT US.USANA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 12:14:50 -0600
Hi,

Networker server: v7.1.3 on HP-UX 11i

We are migrating (finally) all of our old NT4 infrastructure to Win3K
and active directory.

Currently we are backing up only one Win3K box mostly as a test to make
sure we have all the pieces in place.

I have been seeing the below error in the savegroup completion notices
and am curious as to what "VSS" is.  From my poking around it looks like
it could have something to do with snapshots, but I'm not sure.  It
doesn't look like the license error for VSS is preventing the backup
from succeeding.

I'm also curious to know if there are any specific Networker modules or
licenses that are needed to actually backup active directory itself.

* slc-bv1:SYSTEM STATE:\ save: Diagnostic: This client is not licensed
for VSS.
* slc-bv1:SYSTEM DB:\ save: Diagnostic: This client is not licensed for
VSS.
* slc-bv1:SYSTEM FILES:\ save: Diagnostic: This client is not licensed
for VSS.
* slc-bv1:ASR:\ save: Diagnostic: This client is not licensed for VSS.

--
Craig Ruefenacht
UNIX Systems Administrator