Networker

Re: [Networker] Speed of networker backups to disk.

2005-05-24 05:26:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] Speed of networker backups to disk.
From: Anuj Mediratta <anuj AT ACE-DATA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 14:53:01 +0530
Hi,

I am not too sure of the backup speed but when I talked to my Legato support
person here, he was talking of the similar backup speeds. Therefore may be
you are getting the right kind of backup speed. In my experiences, I have
not seen backup to disk faster than this. Fibre disks might help a bit but I
don't think it would do much.

Backup to Disk would be more useful in case of faster restores as disk read
is random and not sequential as in case of tape and you can have your disks
protected by RAID, you can create multiple backups, you can do backups and
restores simultaneously etc.

Regards,
Anuj Mediratta
Phone: +919312634262