Networker

Re: [Networker] Command line reporting questions

2005-05-17 12:00:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] Command line reporting questions
From: "Maarten Boot (CWEU-USERS/CWNL)" <Maarten.Boot AT NL.COMPUWARE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 17:43:11 +0200
In the GUI
go to Customize -> Notifications
and make sure that the Savegroup completion mails to a real mailbox or spools
to a file (append please)

Most of the info you need is in the savegroup completion message

Mine is included below:

/usr/ucb/mail -s "bagworm-savegroup-completion"
legato AT bagworm.nl.compuware DOT com

You then can process the mails with procmail or someting like that for
archiving and post processing.

Also some of the reporting tools that are written by administrators can do
what you need as well, look in the archives of this mailinglist for where
they are to be found.

Maarten

On Tuesday 17 May 2005 17:05, Dan Sanville wrote:
> I am new to Networker and I have the following two tasks that need to be
> done via the command line. I have been through mminfo, nsrjb, etc. and
> though I get some of the information I cannot get it all. Can anyone assist
> with this?
>
> #1 Last night's backup run - what was successful and what
> failed/errored/did not complete successfully
> I used "mminfo -a -t 'yesterday' -r 'client,pool,name,nfiles,totalsize' but
> I am not sure if I am seeing failed/errored/did not complete successfully
>
> #2 For all successful backups I need the following information:
> client, group, number of files, size of what was backed up, start time,
> finishe time, kb/minute backed up.
> Again I can get most of this with the mminfo command but I cannot get start
> time, stop time, kb/minute backed up. If I could get start&stop time I
> could canculate the kb/minute.
>
> regards
> Dan Sanville
> Dan.Sanville AT inforonics DOT com
> Networker Version 6.1.1 running on Solaris 2.8
>
> --
> to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu or visit the list's Web site at
> http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html where you can
> also view and post messages to the list. Questions regarding this list
> should be sent to stan AT temple DOT edu

Maarten Boot,
Compuware Europe B.V.
Hoogoorddreef 5
1101 BA Amsterdam