Networker

[Networker] networker 7.2 + ASM

2005-05-09 10:11:17
Subject: [Networker] networker 7.2 + ASM
From: Bob Flynn <bob.flynn AT S3GROUP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 10:07:51 -0400
Hi,

I have the following configuration;

Server

Solaris 2.8
Networker 7.2

Client

Solaris 2.8
running SIMS ( Sun Mail server )

My problem is I am attempting to run a restore of a mailbox. What should
happen is the restore process should interpert a .nsr directive and run an
external ASM asrasm which should pipe the restore into the database that the
SIMS application uses.

The problem is when I attempt a restore, I get the following error message;

nwrecover: external ASM `imsasm' not found or not executable
Received 1 file(s) from NSR server `xxx'

what I am reading this to be is;

The backup server has passed the data to the nwrecover process running on
the client. The client cannot find the external asm to pipe the data into
the database.

So, I have checked the following;

nwrecover on client exists in /bin
imsasm on client exists as a soft link in /bin to /usr/lib/nsr/imsasm

Checking the SIMS documentation.
(http://docs.sun.com/source/816-6738-10/store.html#wp13388 )

To perform backups of the Messaging Server message store using Legato
Networker, you must perform the following preparatory steps before invoking
the Legato interface:

   1. Create a symbolic link from /usr/lib/nsr/imsasm to
msg_srv_base/lib/msg/imsasm
   2. From Sun or Legato, obtain a copy of the nsrfile binary and copy it to
the following directory:

      /usr/lib/nsr/nsrfile

Can someone clarify exactly what the msg_srv_base should refer to ?

Thanks..