Networker

Re: [Networker] Probe succeeds, save sends nothing !

2005-05-08 17:55:08
Subject: Re: [Networker] Probe succeeds, save sends nothing !
From: Aurea Cruz <aurecruz AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 16:53:03 -0500
Hi Shawn,

Thanks for the info about the new ports. I was not
aware of that - though not in this case, it is
relevant for some other clients.

I threw the MS firewall question at the administrator
on the client and he *swears* it's not on. But I agree
it is about the only chance left.

cool tools, btw :)

regards,
Aure C.

--- Shawn Cox <shawn.cox AT PCCA DOT COM> escribió:

Has W2K3 sp1 been installed recently on either server?
 Lots of security settings in that little bugger,
including the infamous MS firewall. I'm still at
7.1.3, but I understand that there are some port
changes to NW
in 7.2.  Firewall could possible account for why it
works when initiated from the client, but not when
initiated from the server.  Nothing in daemon.log
or savegrp.log on the Server?

2 free tools I find invaluable are filemon and tcpview
from http://www.sysinternals.com/index.shtml
tcpview is a real-time netstat and filemon shows
actual file io activity. I've used it on several
occasions to what just what in the world save.exe is
doing
--Shawn