Networker

[Networker] cifs backups via

2005-04-29 09:54:20
Subject: [Networker] cifs backups via
From: David Gold-news <dave2 AT CAMBRIDGECOMPUTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 09:50:48 -0400
Michael,

Use the UNC path, and set the remote user and password fields of the client object in nwadmin to be a user that has rights to those unc paths...nsrexecd on windows runs as the system account, which doesn't have rights to the remote share.

Oh, and drive letters mapped to a unc are not persistent when a given user isn't logged in, and aren't presented to the system account anyways.

Dave